County Veteran Service Officer
255 North Forbes Street
Lakeport, CA 95453
Hours: Monday – Friday, 8am-5pm
To honor and support all veterans; to provide information to the Lake County veteran community regarding entitlement to federal, state and local benefits; and to provide advocacy and professional assistance to veterans, their dependents and survivors who wish to pursue veteran’s benefits, care, or services.
What is the County Veterans Service Office (CVSO)?
The CVSO was established by the Lake County Board of Supervisors in 1946 to assist veterans, their dependents, and survivors in obtaining benefits from federal, state and local agencies administering programs for veterans.
We are a county agency and NOT the Federal Department of Veterans Affairs.
Who do we serve?
- Spouses and Dependent Children
- Dependent Parents
- Surviving Family Members
- Anyone with questions, concerns or interest in veteran’s services
We offer the following services:
- Comprehensive benefit counseling
- Professional claim preparation and submission
- Claim follow-up to insure final decision
- Initiate and develop appeals when appropriate
- Networking with federal, state and local agencies
We can assist you with the following:
- Compensation (service-related injuries or diseases)
- Re-open Claim for Increased Compensation
- Dependency Indemnity Compensation (survivors benefits based upon service-connected death)
- Pension (for war-era, low-income veterans)
- Death Pension (for low-income survivors of war-era veterans)
- Dependent Allowances
- Housebound and Aid & Attendance Allowance
- Admissions to State Veterans Homes
- Request for Military Records and Decorations
- Discharge Recordation and Certification
- Medical & Dental Benefits
- Benefit Verification for other agencies
- Vocational Rehabilitation
- Home Loans.
- Education Benefits
- Life Insurance
- Burial Benefits