Veterans should not have to choose between keeping the lights on and putting food on the table. After all they have sacrificed for us, now it’s our turn to give back to them. That’s why the Purple Heart Foundation will be providing Veteran Assistance Grants to veterans facing hardships.
If you are a veteran in crisis that owes emergency debts, you may apply for the Veteran Assistance Grant.
Please note the following:
- Emergency debts may include, but are not limited to, rent, utilities, car repairs, medical assistance and more.
- Veteran Assistance Grants are paid directly to the creditor by the Purple Heart Foundation, not to the veteran.
- Grants may NOT be received for expenses such as taxes, past-due child support, fines / fees associated with civil or criminal offenses, or credit card debts.
- Veteran must be able to provide copies of past-due notice and/or cut-off notice after their application has been reviewed.
- One life-time grant per veteran. Recipients of the Veteran Assistance Grant may not re-apply for this grant and/or will not be approved for more than one grant.
- Grant amount requests may not exceed $2,500.
- Partial payments are prohibited, therefore grant applications will not be approved if the debt owed exceeds the maximum grant amount of $2,500.
- Those receiving grant funds will be required to sign the grant acceptance and publicity release forms provided by the Purple Heart Foundation prior to receiving the grant.
- Those receiving grant funds will also be required to write an aknowledgement letter to the Purple Heart Foundation’s Board of Directors.
If you are a veteran in crisis, please click below to download your application.
APPLY HERE FOR ASSISTANCE!
Purple Heart Foundation
Veteran Assistance Grants